I get a lot of requests from friends and family for a monthly housing report so I’ve decided to start one and will be posting them on my website the first week of each month.
October was a busy month! We celebrated Thanksgiving and Halloween - the fall foliage was spectacular this year and of course Stouffville was still a hot real estate market!
There were 84 new listings, 55 solds, with an average DOM (days on market) of 17.
Average Townhouse Sold Price - $521,486
Average Semi Detached Sold Price - $564,775
Average Detached Sold Price - $753,885
Stouffville is clearly still experiencing a sellers market as the sales-to-listing ratio for October is 65%. A buyer’s market occurs when the sales-to-listing ratio is 35% or less. A seller’s market, on the other hand, occurs when the sales-to-listings ratio reaches 55% or more.
With winter fast approaching I thought I would mention some home maintenance to do’s!
- If you haven’t had your furnace serviced in a couple of years I highly recommend having someone come in. You don’t want to be without heat this winter and having a professional come in to clean it might prevent you from having to replace the whole unit.
- Change your air filters every couple of months.
- If you have a wood burning fireplace make sure you have a professional come in to do a chimney sweep.
- November is a good month to put up your Christmas lights! You don’t have to put them on, but it’s still fairly warm outside so why not?
- Not housing related but don’t forget to book an appointment to have your snow tires put on. The snow is coming whether we like it or not!
I hope everyone has a wonderful November! If you haven’t bought tickets yet, The Stouffville Home For Christmas House tour is the first weekend in November - I can’t wait to see all the homes so beautifully decorated for Christmas! www.stouffvillechristmashometour.ca
November 11th is Remembrance Day - don’t forget to buy a poppy! I’m going to spend the day with my Mom this year, we are are going to go to Old City Hall to watch the ceremonies and then commence the Christmas season and spend the afternoon shopping in Toronto.
November 28th is #shopthehood - so instead of going to that big box store - head downtown and buy something local! Whether it’s fresh produce from Reesor’s Market & Bakery or your favourite latte from Red Bulb - think about our Stouffville vendors and #shopthehood!
To receive my monthly housing report, don’t forget to like my Facebook page and if you have any questions or would like a free market appraisal done on your home, please feel free to connect with me anytime!